Flaked Almond Pastry Bites
Not sure how to make Mom's special day more special? Well, how about a homemade edible gift for Mother's Day?
Ate Kitchen got very creative with this delectable sweet treats. Made with the best Montagu Almond Flakes. Mom will be able to see and taste the love put into it!
- Unroll the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut out the letters, or flower shapes, with a knife or cookie cutter.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Lightly whisk the egg and brush onto the top surface of the cut pastry, then sprinkle with flaked almonds and castor sugar.
- Bake at 190°C for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before dusting a little more castor sugar over the top.
Perfect with a cup of tea.