Our brand is regarded as a pioneer in the snacking industry for offering a delicious and diverse range of modern snack options that support consumers who aspire to lead a healthier lifestyle.
A humble beginning: Our story began in 2001, with a bright-eyed young boy from the town of Montagu, venturing to the bustling streets of Johannesburg to start a small business.
In 2018, Montagu became a part of the Acorn Agri and Food family - a leading South African vertically integrated agriculture and food group with a hundred-year legacy. As part of this transformation, Montagu has grown significantly to hold both local and international distribution and supplies products to 100 franchise stores, as well as numerous retail stores and convenience stores across the continent.
"We offer a healthier snack option for people who want to live better." - Montagu
To be the most trusted snack brand in South Africa
Everything we do is built on our Montagu "Small Town Values"
and the promise of "MONTAGU GOODNESS".
We pride ourselves on ethical production and transparency – assuring our consumers that they can trust us with providing delicious snacks that are responsibly-sourced.
Our Core Values
We strive to do everything with integrity
people, nature and society
The Montagu Promise
With our MONTAGU GOODNESS stamp of approval, we promise to always:
- Provide naturally healthier snacks, with no or reduced sugar and preservatives.
- Deliver tastes that will keep you coming back for more.
- Offer great quality that you can afford.
- Practise ethical and environmentally conscious business practices.
- Bring you choice as wide as our blue skies.
- Live up to our 25 years of excellence.
- Share the sunshine.
- Stay true to our small-town values and who we are.
- Look to the future and change alongside our consumers. - Care about what's most important in life: health, family, happiness.
- Be packed full of goodness and packed for everyday convenience. - Keep kids in mind, so that you will love giving them what they love to eat.