Sun Salutations A
Stretching for stress sequence:
Repeat this Sun Salutations A sequence slowly 5 times in the morning to stretch and energise the body, preparing you for the day ahead.
- Inhale as you lift your hands towards the ceiling for High Mountain pose.
- Exhale Forward Bend, hinging from the hips (bend your knees as much as you need to).
- Inhale for a Half-Way Lift – straight spine, placing your hands where they fall naturally when your spine is straight.
- Exhale step back into Chaturanga, elbows tucked in, lowering your body until it’s parallel with the mat, about 10cm off the ground.
- Inhale to roll over your toes for Upward-Facing Dog, lifting your knees off the mat and opening your heart and throat chakras.
- Exhale to roll over your toes into Downward-Facing Dog, lifting your hips towards the ceiling, stretching out the hamstrings, aiming to bring your chest closer towards your thighs.
- Inhale as you step towards the front of the mat, moving into a Half-Way Lift.
- Exhale to Forward Bend.
- Inhale to come up into High Mountain.
- Exhale as you bring your hands into prayer pose at your heart centre.