Montagu Pistachio, Mint and Lime Pesto
Montagu pistachio, mint and lime pesto served with grilled chicken, fish and boerewors. A winning recipe from Chef Mynhardt!
Serves: 6-8 people
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Oven Temperature: 180 degrees Celsius
Easy to make
- 200g Montagu raw pistachio kernels
- 1 large handful of fresh mint leaves, about 60g
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- Willow Creek lemon flavoured olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 BBQ sauce marinated flattened chicken
- 3 small sea breams or any other large white fish that can be cooked on the braai, ask your fish monger to gut and scale the fish for you
- 1kg boerewors
- Place the pistachios on a baking tray and toast for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the pistachios in a food processor and blend until it looks like very fine green breadcrumbs.
- Add the mint, lime zest and juice and cheese and blend until combined.
- While the machine is running, add some olive oil until it forms a paste. You can add more or less depending on how thick you like your pesto.
- Season to taste and keep refridgerated until your meat is ready.
- Grill your chicken, fish and boerewors to your liking.
- Serve the pesto with the meats and fish.
- The smokey flavour of the meats and fish go very well with the flavour of the pistachio, mint and lime.