Montagu Creamy Biltong Soup
We can't imagine anything more perfect to warm up with other than this tasty, smooth and creamy Montagu Biltong soup. We visited Chef Mynhardt and had a taste of this bowl of delisciousness.
Serves: 6-8 people
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Easy to make
- Melt the butter and olive oil together in a large pot and fry the onion and garlic until cooked and lightly browned.
- Add the coriander, nutmeg and paprika and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the sherry and cook until almost evaporated.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the milk, mix through and bring to a slow boil.
- Once the soup is starting to thicken, add the cream, biltong powder and season to taste.
- Serve the soup with the biltong slices, flatbreads, butter and cashew nuts.