Montagu Bunny Chow Potjie
Serves: 8-10 people
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 2-3 hours
Easy to make
- 3kg beef shin, cut into 1cm discs – ask your butcher
- Willow Creek coriander flavoured olive oil
- 4 onions, peeled and sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 8cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 45ml good quality curry paste or powder
- 15ml turmeric
- 2-liter prepared beef or chicken stock
- 2 tins chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 45ml apricot jam
- 250g Montagu yellow cling peaches
- 500ml double cream plain yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Montagu bunny chow peanuts to serve
- Once your potjie is nice and hot on the fire, fry the beef shin on both sides in the olive oil and remove from the pot.
- Add some more olive oil and fry the onions, garlic and ginger until cooked and lightly browned.
- Add the curry and turmeric and fry until fragrant.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, jam and peaches and bring to a boil. Cook until the meat is soft.
- Add the yogurt and season to taste. Cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with the potbrood, some bunny chow peanuts and the malva pudding for dessert.