Savoury Cheese Cookies
Teresa from Cupcakes and Couscous created this tasty savoury cookie recipe, that makes a lovely gift idea!
- 200g flour
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) mustard
- 150g butter, cubed
- 100g finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp water
- 40g Montagu Bobotie Flavoured Peanuts and Raisins
- 40g Montagu Spicy Coconut Flavoured Peanuts and Raisins
- Flour, for dusting
- Place the flour and mustard in a bowl. Add the cubed butter and use your fingertips to rub it into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Add the egg yolk and water and use a knife to cut these into the dry ingredients until the mixture starts to come together. Use your hands to press the ingredients into a ball.
- Divide the dough in half. Add the Bobotie Flavoured Peanuts and Raisins to one half of the dough, and the Spicy Coconut Flavoured Peanuts and Raisins to the other.
- Wrap each ball of dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- While the dough is chilling pre heat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour and roll the dough out to a thickness of 5mm.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out your desired shapes and arrange these on the baking tray.
- Bake the cookies for 16-18 minutes, or until they are puffed up and golden.
- Carefully transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and allow to cool before serving. Best served fresh.